Sunday, January 24, 2010

Choices, choices, choices...

Howdy,

So my choice tonight was...to do my homework! Starting with...
  1. For any point (a,b) on an invertible function, the derivative of the inverse of the function evaluated at b is equal to the reciprocal of the derivative of the function evaluated at a.
  2. (Sorry but I couldn't figure out how to do a -1 for the inverse)

3. Yes, volume is an invertible function.

4.


5.

black=(4/3)3.1415x^3
blue=(x/(4/3(3.1415)))^(1/3)
red=12.566(x-1)+4.189
green=(1/12.566)(x-4.189)+1

6. When graphing this the slopes of the tangent lines were 12.566 and (1/12.566), these are the red and green lines on my graph.
7. I learn much better visually and socially, that is why I decided to come to class. I don't think that I could learn as effectively on my own, so if there is ever a choice again I bet you $5 that I will be in class, unless I'm sick.

1 comment:

  1. Your answer to number one is very clear and explicit, I love it.

    And your creativity in number 7,... amazing! You know, I chose not to go to the face-to-face class in order to see how it will be like, and my conclusion was that next time, I'll be in the same classroom as you!! I'm not creating my own virtual class because the online information gave me too much information at once, and it was hard to juxtapose it to the in-class exploration.

    ReplyDelete