Sunday, January 31, 2010

Choices

1. For any point (a,b) on an invertible function, the derivative of the inverse of the function evaluated at b is equal to the reciprocal of the derivative of the function evaluated at a. In other words, the derivative of the inverse of a function is the reciprocal of the derivative of the function.
2. In symbols:


3. The function for volume of a sphere is below:

Yes, volume is an invertible function.

4.The inverse of this function:

5.


6. The slope of the tangent of the red function is 11.36, and I found the slope of the green function is .088, which is equal to 1/11.36.
7.I chose not to go to class. I've never done a virtual class before, so I wanted to see if I could effectively learn the class material without actually going to class. Also, by taking the virtual class I was able to sleep in, (this was really just a nice bonus). By utilizing my tools on the internet, I was able to learn the subject matter. The scribe post was also a very helpful tool. Overall, I think I was able to learn just as well in the virtual class, but had this been a more complicated, difficult topic, it's definitely helpful to have a teacher who knows what they are talking about.

2 comments:

  1. First, I really liked your description of number seven, which was about why you choose to go to class or not. However, I would like to give you short advice about the graph. it would be better to narrow down the domain and range of the graph, since one of the function (this case is blue) does not exist when x is negative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noice. Equations are right and organized. I too chose not to come to class. I too got to sleep in and it was truly nice. This weblog textbook is working really well i think. The scribe posts explain each class thoroughly are easily accessible. Do you like having an almost online math class?

    ReplyDelete